Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Painting in Snow


At Christmas time our family took a trip to Mt. Bachelor to ski and snowboard. I took my little pochade box in hopes of getting a painting or two in. While the rest of my family was putting on their snow gear I was scoping out the best place to paint. I decided to sit near the windows of the lodge where I would have a good view of the mountain and keep warm. This was my first experience painting snow, and with the conditions constantly changing it was fun to keep up.

1 comment:

Bill Sharp said...

Hi Kathy, Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind words. I enjoyed your show. It was fun to see the Rasmussen Farm piece completed. I especially liked your still lifes.

The painter I mentioned to you the can be seen at
http://carolmarine.blogspot.com/